Tuesday's 75Gal reef

tuesday8877

He's still only about 3 1/2 - 4 inches across...he was about half that when we got him. He has once again been banished to the sump in the new tank because when I put the clowns in he immediately tried to snatch one within 3 seconds of them being in the tank!

Old 75 gallon is completely torn down and moved and I'm happy to say that everything made it without too much damage. Some of the not so fun things that happened:

My large long tentacle was attached to the bottom glass and two rocks so I was really worried I wouldn't be able to get him off without using a credit card or razor to detach him. I wiggled the rocks a bit and agitated him a lil and he let them go pretty easily then I dug his foot out of the sand bed and gently pulled to peel him up and his foot came right up with no tears. He has already attached himself in the new tank and looks happy.

We moved everything that was left in the tank yesterday and drained it about half way. While moving the fish over I realized that the Wrasse was missing! Like completely just gone....so we checked sumps, the floor around the tanks, suction tubes, buckets etc and did not find him. So went to bed thinking he must have jumped out somehow and the cats got him. Luckily I left one power head in the tank for any crabs or snails that might still be in there...this morning around 11 am the Wrasse popped out of the sand and started swimming around the tank like nothing! Apparently he dug himself in at the first sign of danger and didn't come out til over 14 hours later...I had no idea he could do that!

I must have put a rock or something on top of the Tube anemone because he dislodged himself from the sand and must have gotten sucked into a powerhead. Next time I saw him he was on the other side of the tank and all his tentacles are gone. Still alive but not sure how long he can last with no way to grab food. sad.png