sting ray with its tail up

meaganmason1

They sell them with the barbs: too much of a hassle for the employees to cut them off! Haha but it IS possible to do yourself if you feel the urge. Prime example, Seaworld's cownose rays at aquatica. They're like fingernails and grow back within a few months, so they need constant clipping.

has he put the tail down? i always hand fed my last one. it will practically come out of the water when it sees you once it gets used to you lol. I cut the barb from mine 1 time but it came back in like 4 or 5 months and was a very complicated task. i felt bad and stopped after that cause it wasnt going to sting me once it met me. mine was a freshwater one tho

I dont think im going to cut off his barb. He seems to be pretty docile. I've only had him for a few days so far but he has been eating good. He did finally figure out that the eel can't get to him so he's relaxed a little. I cant wait to get the 200gal back up and running again.