Broken back panel while drilling...

Pailines

As some of yall may hear about that i was building a new tank out of a old Jebo R375 that i picked up.

Well long story short, this morning when i tried to drill the back for the return hole, the weight of the drill going through the completed hole caused the back to chip a softball size panel out.mad.gif

I really would like to keep the tank, or atleast repair it, because i've build my DIY led into the hood, the sump into the stand.

5months i've pour into this build.

Question is

Has anyone ever done tank repair on a 40gal? Is it possible?

And how much would it cost for a 750mm x 560mm or 30" x 22" panel , in 5/16 or 3/8inch thicknes glass?

Or if you got a panel of glass to that size and thickness and willing to let it go for some greens, dont be afraid to PM.

Thanks!

The easiest fix is to just silicone a new piece of glass onto the inside of the broken piece. You could get a tinted glass if you like. A more complicated repair would be to cut off the broken piece and replace it. Both Hydro Innovations and Jaggedfire have threads on doing this.

I just recently built my own tank and had to remove a panel because I didn't seal it correctly. It was a relatively simple process, it did however take a lot of time and patience to remove the existing silicone. If you have the time I would just replace the panel.

I decided to just gut it and reseal / replace the broken panel. Since it was a 10yearold model tank. Got it all cut up cleaned, and lay out in my garage, but what i didn't guess was the glass panel would cost me 60$ to replace :o Bought the tank, stand, and hood assembly for 100$ total....:facepalm:

Archived