Trying to locate Ryuoh Stones.

reefN00B

I was wondering if anyone knows where one can buy ryuoh stones in Austin? I've seen them in a few tropical fish hobbyist magazine issues. Also, if you have bought some offline it would be nice to hear your experience.

Thanks,

Vini

33127_400wh.jpg

I'm not sure but the great outdoors might have them as well as the natural gardener. I would call and they might not have them under that name. Btw, are those the stones that takashi amano uses?

I think I just saw him on YouTube setting that tank up. Btw I met takashi amano and he is a true artist. He is a relative of a friend of mine I went to high school with. A very interesting person to talk to. He has an entirely different view on freshwater tanks. I was in awe of him. He takes care of his tanks as if they were works of art rather than an aquarium. Very interesting person. I could go on but you'd have to speak to him to understand.

Can't help on a specific location, but if anyone does have them, they will likely be called a different name. I've read that ryuoh stones is more of a common or regional name regarding where they were collected, not necessarily the specific mineral type. There are likely tons of varieties of identical looking rocks that could be found either outdoors or in a landscaping yard for a fraction of the price.