WTB cup of bio-pellets

sifuentes31

I have some....what size tank are you trying these on?? If on the 55G on your profile I would suggest a lot less than that starting out. I would start with about 1" worth in a tlf 150 type reactor. Bio-pellet's should only be used to get rid of the last few ppm of nitrates in order to reach a ULNS. If you would not use want them just to control high nitrates then I suggest other method's to get nitrates under control first. BP's also have a 10:1 ratio of nitrate/phosphate reduction so you may still need to run a phosphate reducing media. Have you read up on the use of bio-pellet's, you can cause more harm than good if not implemented correctly along with a fairly efficient skimmer. YMMV

Cheers,

I saw several vids on the use of pellets and all where stating that they use it to control PO4 and nitrates. They let there tanks get out of control and used the pellets to bring them down. I'm just wanting to try them because i have a GHA problem. If not then GFO will be my next solution. Just have to buy a BRS reactor then.

If phosphate level's are high compared to your nitrate's, then most use GFO to bring the phosphate into balance with the nitrate, after that you may not need GFO. The ratio that bacteria utilize nitrate compared to phosphate will vary depending on the bacteria present. Some bacteria will prefer organic N vs inorganic nitrate and some bacteria will utilize both while some will prefer the nitrate. The ratio can vary from 10:1, up to actually 30:1 nitrate to phosphate depending on the bacteria present. A more effective and immediate reduction in phosphates can be had by using lathium chloride, just make sure to not drop your phosphate level's too fast, so coral's etc., are not stressed. Just google how to use this stuff, no reactor needed.

Cheers,

Yeah that's whats weird becuz I have a ton of cheato, feed very little with granular pellets ( stopped mysis for a while) run a skimmer which works very well , and have calupera. And my GHA is getting out of control. Even bought turbos. Just want the stuff gone