cheap but useful moonlights

ok i built some home-made moonlights form wal-mart car dash leds...i bought some from wal-mart and they make my colors pop at night just fine... simple xbox 360 power supply mod or other 12v DC NOT AC power adapter with a toggle and i have a total of what i would guess 24 leds for my moonlight all blue no fancy colors for me ...also you would need a tube to house them in as they are flimsy but a simple clear tube works ....i bought a tube from fins and flowers out in copperas cove for like .89c and i had to trim it to fit my 30" but works great

tubing example first set up i now have 2 tubes with lights

IMAG0300.jpg

some of the blues i get

2012-05-28_01-35-39_631.jpg

2012-05-31_02-54-20_274.jpg

I'm in the midst of doing something like this for actinic supplementation on my Solana, using car LEDs from AutoZone. The ones I got are heat and water resistant and come with 3M tape already mounted on the back. I haven't done the power adaptor yet, I may hit you up if I need help! Yours look good!

I did something like this years ago using sealed blue computer case mod lighting. For about .99c each you can get 1' fixtures that are watertight. Awesome mods!

the ones with 3m backing says they are heat and water RESISTANT but saltwater is a beast when it comes to corrosion... thats why i put mine in a clear tube and sealed the ends with aluminum tape made for A/C ducts....let me know if you need help and i will help with any info

Archived