4th of July

Just had the best ride in a cop car in my life. Got into it with my wife at BDP on I35 and Howard. She made me upset that I decided to walk home. Only problem is that I live 30 miles and phone is dead. I made it about 17 miles, and was running out of steam. Didn't want to ruin anyone's 4th, so I kept pushing. Cop in Hutto stops me. He checks into my story and offers me a ride. I gladly take it. He ends up taking me the rest of the way and we have awesome conversations. Just been a crazy night. Almost got into it with some homeless people and their guard dog. Thought I was taking their territory. Right when I was running out of options the lord answered my prayers. Thank u officer Chris. Just know there are a lot of good people in the world, no matter their badge or uniform. They are here to help protect us and serve us. Also, forgive people that fall. Help them get back up. I feel so blessed in life, after my failures.