36x36x27" 150g cube w/custom metal stand

Crab Rangoon

! ! ! PENDING SALE ! ! !

We just moved to our new house this weekend, and I've already got my new custom tank ordered. That being the case, it's time to sell my Marineland 150 Deep Dimensions cube - hopefully it's new owner can pick it up before I'm forced to move it myself.

I purchased the aquarium brand new in the Summer of 2010 and had it up and running by late Summer / early Fall. The tank has never sat dry, or even been drained (moving the livestock in the next 48 hours), so seals are in perfect condition. The metal stand measures 36x36x32 if I remember correctly. The stand also has adjustable feet so that the tank may be leveled without shimming. The stand was treated, primed, painted, and clear-coated with automotive grade products by a professional body shop - so while it may not actually weigh too much, the stand & finish are both fairly bulletproof. My stand is finished with sheets of black acrylic which mounts to the stand via magnets. This gives a really clean, streamlined pedestal look, compared to the usual wooden varieties of aquarium furniture. As the stand is metal, one can easily recover the exterior of the stand to satisfy whatever your taste may be, with real woodgrain panels, etc.

I realize that this tank can be found for $500-700 on Reef Central most of the time, but metal stands are much more tough, long-lasting, and usually costly than the standard fare aquarium furniture. I am asking $800 OBO for the tank & stand - no equipment included.

This must be picked up, as I have no vehicle to fit the tank or stand in - I am fully capable of helping you load both items into your vehicle for transport, but delivery is just not an option. Here is the ONLY photo I currently have of the tanks exterior, as I only really ever took pictures of the inhabitants. More pictures coming soon, maybe.

4772451303_fa72084c76_b.jpg

If I have a buyer interested in piecing together any sort of package deal . . . I can also offer a combo price to include my Trigger Systems 30" Elite Sump, a Super Reef Octopus XP2000 cone skimmer, or perhaps one or both of my Vortech EcoSmart units. This equipment is NOT available for sale apart from the tank at this time, and I will eventually advertise my equipment separately once I have sold the tank and stand.

Anyone interested should contact me by phone if at all possible: 512-422-0580

We are still moving and I am not often around my computer, so calling or text messaging me would be a MUCH QUICKER way to get in touch. Alternatively, you can email me directly too: [email protected]

Hopefully I can find this thing a new home quickly, as I'd really hate to move it into our new house only to move it back out a couple days later smile.png Thanks!

I forgot to add that I also have AquaIlluminations Sol Super Blue units (2x) and a 36" rail kit for them that could be worked into a package deal. I've got some Ecoxotic Par38 lamps as well (including track lighting adequate of outfitting a canopy or ceiling with them) if someone would like to go that route. I personally loved using them over the tank.

Finally, I am not truly interested in trading the tank for anything. The only pieces of equipment that I do not already have for my next tank are: Tunze 6095's and a Tunze 6215. I would consider taking any of those in trade (with cash) towards the tank, but there is absolutely nothing else I'm looking for, so please do not offer any aquariums / lights / pumps / etc.

I'm also fully willing to accept Paypal instead of cash. Paypal payment must be made in full before tank can be picked up.

Payment must be sent as "GIFT" or add 4% to cover Paypal fees on a normal payment.

I am willing to HOLD the tank for a buyer w/a non-refundable deposit of $400, which will be deducted from the total due upon pick-up.

This concludes covering all topics that have come up between PM's / emails / text messages received about the tank thusfar.

Thanks for your interest, keep it coming!

That is a really good deal! I would take it if I didn't already have one in my front room. Does the stand come apart? If the 32 height is correct it shouldn't matter, but I couldn't get my 36" cubed stand through my front door (just something to think about).

That is a really good deal! I would take it if I didn't already have one in my front room. Does the stand come apart? If the 32 height is correct it shouldn't matter, but I couldn't get my 36" cubed stand through my front door (just something to think about).

The stand does not come apart, but removing the feet allows it to fit through front doorways when carried sideways. It's sooooo easy to move alone too, I walked through the door & room standing inside the stand like it was an inner-tube haha.

I'm really surprised at how many SA & Houston folks have gotten in touch with me. Unexpected, but it looks like the chances of it staying local are pretty low right now.

UPDATE: I took a deposit on the tank today (6/27) - so it's off the market for now (with a few backup offers in queue).

I am surprised it took until the next day, that was a sweet deal.

Haha - thanks. I only had one or two people with 512 numbers contact me, but 3-4 people from Houston, one from Dallas, and 3 from San Antonio were in touch within the first 48 hours. Only two offered anything in the acceptable range, and only one chose to leave a deposit to secure the deal :)

• 4 months later...