Killer Watchman Goby

Dee

This guy came with a tank I recently purchased. His name is Bob. Apparently he killed the fishmates he was with, including a Tang, so they threw him in for free with a tank/sand/rock they no longer needed. I really just bought the tank for the sand, rocks and all the new lighting they had never set up. So instead of filling up the 55 gallon tank, I filled up a 30 gallon to save on space right now...and to keep the sand alive.

My ordeal...I don't like having just one fish in a tank. I'm scared to put him in my main tank because my fish are 1 sea hare (absolutely love this thing) 2 Tangs, 2 Angels, 2 clowns, a damsel, 2 blue chromis, 2 black chromis with yellow tails, some other type of chromis, mandarin Goby, Royal Gramma, huge brittle star, purple lobster, and a Fire Fish. Everyone gets along wonderfully (Except the brittle likes to pester the pistol shrimp at feeding time) so I definitely don't want to disrupt that. What on earth could I put with this guy that he absolutely would not want to mess with...and would fit in a 30 gallon tank?

I also will probably need something that won't eat starfish or snails so I have some algae eaters and sand sifters in there. I can avoid putting them in there though. I think right now there is one little crab and a couple of those itty bitty starfish.

Thanks,

Dena

Are we talking about a yellow watchman? I have never heard of them being aggressive towards other fish.

I will take it if you just want to be on the safe side. :) The YWG is probably my favorite fish.

It's actually the spotted one...kind of silver with the purple spots. I don't really want to get rid of him...he's cool looking LOL. Usually they aren't suppose to be that aggressive, but apparently this one was/is. The people that had him didn't want to put him in their 35 gallon tank with their other fish. I'd just like to find something I can put in there with him. I may just look at getting some inverts...maybe a starfish or two...or something. I'd like another clown, but most are usually sold smaller than him. He's about 3 1/2 inches long I think. I've got small pieces of live rock that didn't "work" in my 100 gallon tank...so he can still hide. He comes out for feeding...looks at me like "I'm ready".

Dena

Thats not a bad idea...Hell I've got a pair GSM's here in the store right now... one of them is a trade in and already female... really cute pair though. You should come check them out at least, its fun to watch them interact. I think I'm gonna miss them a little when someone takes them home.

-Kat :hug:

Thats not a bad idea...Hell I've got a pair GSM's here in the store right now... one of them is a trade in and already female... really cute pair though. You should come check them out at least, its fun to watch them interact. I think I'm gonna miss them a little when someone takes them home.

-Kat :D

I'll try to swing by this weekend...let me know if they get sold before then. I don't have enough time after work during the week to go anywhere...too many dogs in the house to take care of :D

Dena

I'll try to swing by this weekend...let me know if they get sold before then. I don't have enough time after work during the week to go anywhere...too many dogs in the house to take care of ;)

Dena

Okay...what is a **** GSM? LOL. I've tried to google it thinking I could figure it out, but I can't.

Thanks,

Dena

Gold Stripe Maroon Clown.

Our current POTM is a GSM.

Awesome!! I've wanted one of those since I started up my main tank...but I put other clowns in there before I realized they don't like each other. Unfortunately, hubby put me on a budget for the rest of the year so I can't get my Gobie a tank mate.

Dena