Eheim Auto Feeder

Mitch

I borrowed one and used it one time, put some flakes in it to feed the fish when I first got the tank. overfed my tank, and I found both clowns weak and at the bottom. The female was trying to lift the male back straight to help him out but he was real weak, did a 50% WC and within 20 min they came around and started swimming... I won't use another unless it is a desperate need and a larger tank than mine since it has to feed at least once a day.

Interesting topic. I was just fixing to go buy 1 for my pops. He's constatly gone, and his fish don't eat for 3-4 days. Was going to surprise him. Guess I'll hold off until I find out more about the feeders.

that is the exact one I used, yes you can control the food amount I had it on the smallest setting and it was still too much for a 29 gallon cube. I was told ot to worry about feeding unless your gone for more than 5 days

that is the exact one I used, yes you can control the food amount I had it on the smallest setting and it was still too much for a 29 gallon cube. I was told ot to worry about feeding unless your gone for more than 5 days

ok. thx for the update.

Mitch!

I have exactly the same one and i love it, i used it for my 120 when i had this setup. I used it about six times and never have a problem. Each time i used this feeder was for a whole week, i only used it when i was gone. I would not recommend using it everyday because you have to leave the gate open for the food to fall out. Food wont stay fresh this way. I never try flake food, the one i fed my fish was mini pellet one. I guess it would be hard to use on flake because you could only close the gate so much compare to the pellet. If is too close it wont give you much or flake would get stuck, otherwise big gap will dump alot. I tried different amount by adjusting the gap of the gate for the pellet to fall out each time it spines. I used it outside the tank and timed it to monitor how much it would feed my tank before i actually put it over the tank. Just made sure i got the exactly amount of food i wanted to feed. I was skeptical about over feeding too.

I can loan it to you if you want to try it out. LMK by text me, you got my number.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got out of the hobby and I am selling off all equipment. I have one of these and it still works great. $12.

i'll take it!!! please pm me your info and we'll coordinate handoff offline. thx!

pm sent.

Edited by Mitch

• 2 weeks later...