Moon lighting tank

Funkness

So I want to give my tank a moonlight affect the lights I am currently running are two hqi lights I love the lights for the daytime but no moonlight affect I am trying to come up with something for moonlight effect but still being able to use these or lights very similar to them

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=aquarium+moonlights

There are plenty of lights that clip onto aquariums. You can also make your own, which is what I did. My moonlight is 4 blue radioshack cheap LEDs with a couple of resistors and a AC/DC wall transformer. The lights are glued into holes drilled sideways into an acrylic rod. This is mounted with a couple of hooks to me light fixture. This allows me to turn the light and basically adjust the brightness. There are practically unlimited resources out there for simple DIY lights or off the shelf products.

Go to aquatek, get the 3 blue 3W stunners with the 12v adapter, just use the double sided tape it comes with and you're done.

There are much cheaper options than that if you only want some blue light at night. Stunners are great for actinics with your whites, but you can get something for less than $10 than will provide blue light at night. Additionally, red light actually lets you see more creatures at night. I ran one of these in my Solana for quite a while.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bright-30-LED-Blue-Fish-Tank-Pond-Aquarium-Submersible-Waterproof-Light-New-B008-/160808867385?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2570f49639#ht_3298wt_905

Remember that you'll still want them on a timer so that the tank gets some hours of true darkness each evening.