who here keeps crosshatch triggers or black-scopas tang hybrids?

Bannerfish

are you keeping yours in a pair or singly? have they eaten anything they weren't supposed to?

I'm having some trouble identifying a hybrid scopas black tang from a pure scopas. is it the longer snout and horizontal blue lines that help distinguish the hybrids from the scopas? to make things more confusing, I've seen pics of "black scopas" that look an awful lot like a black tang, but aren't. if anyone keeps these please post up a pic or two to help me figure it out! thanks in advance!

I have had a pair of Crosshatch triggers for four years now. I keep mine in a pair and they seem to like that, and although they do not interact in the same way as a pair of clowns (i.e. they each have their own sleeping spots, roam the tank separately mostly) they definitely have each others back with regards to other fish.

As far as eating things they are not supposed to: They are in a FOWLR with only a few corals so they have limited rules. They are not aggressive with other fish, even those considerably smaller so that is good. They do not bother corals. They are not good with other inverts (i.e. snails, starfish), and treat them as tasty snacks if they are not careful.

thanks for your input :-) how big is the tank your triggers are in? i know I'll prob never spend that much on a fish so this trade deal I'm thinking about might be my shot at having one lol. he only has a female right now, do you think i might have to get her a mate?

I have mine in a standard 240 (8'x2'x2'). If the tank is smaller I would definitely go with only the female. I have spoken with others who keep them and they do not need a mate. They do not breed in tank like clowns.