wtb hob skimmers

Bannerfish

looking for some type of hob skimmer that i could modify... the tank i need to put it on has a wide glass brace, so the skimmer needs to be able to hook up to some tube or something...also if any one has some ideas let me know. sump is not an option for this one. thanks in advance.

Not sure about exactly how you are looking to modify it, but I LOVE the Reef Octopus HOB skimmers. I have never run a sump, so I have only experience with HOB.

I have the BH2000 on my 55, and BH1000 on my 29gal. I had previously used Aqua-C remora skimmers (nano and pro) which worked decent, and a couple other HOB skimmers that were horrible. At one point I had a Tunze 9002 on the 29, but the Reef Octo pulls way more gunk.

Sorry I don't currently have one for sale, but I would look for one of those if you can get a good deal.

I have an AquaC Remora HOB that I purchased from another member a few months back and didn't end up using. Its not in perfect shape but I'd give you a good deal on it.

When I say not perfect, the collection cup has a fracture, but it does not leak. I can send a picture if you like. I think it has the model 1200 pump. I've been using the pump from this unit to mix saltwater when needed. Other than that it sits in my closet. I can check the pump model number tomorrow.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

thanks for the suggestions. at this point I'm deciding whether or not i need a skimmer or maybe a hob fuge....or neither. I'm planning on doing a mostly softie tank with peaceful small fish. will prob add some decorative macro.

grog do you know what the dimensions of the whole skimmer is? the tank is a room divider tank with only a small space hidden in one side of the tank. the tank is surrounded by custom cabinets.