kribensis cichlid

Dena

Anyone interested in a mated pair of Albino Kribensis? I paid $20 each at Aquatek and am asking $20 for the pair. The male is really pretty...female has a yellow tint to her. They have had many clutches. The last couple didn't make it because I've been slacking on water changes. Decided I wanted to make their little tank into a nano salt water.

Note...you can't have any other fish with them when they lay eggs, get ready to lay eggs, or have the babies. They are very protective. I have them in a 6g fluval shrimp tank. I set up a 5g tank to hold their babies in when they got ready to have more.

Thanks,

Dena

I'll try to take some tonight. I have about four babies, normal coloring, from their last clutch you can take if you end up wanting the parents. I think if the tank was bigger, having other fish wouldn't be a problem. Like you, I have a lot of tanks...all except my dang large reef (now just a plastic tub). I've got four small tanks and two beta tanks and two more nano's at work. I just want a little counter space back smile.png I've had these two for about a year. I'm sure you know, but they don't get very big...like 2" max and the female is only about 1 1/2".

Here is a link to ones that look JUST like mine:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36519276@N06/5339145764/

definately interested in them... would you be willing to meet this weekend???? yes I have several tanks... we have about 10-15 freshwater tanks and now are working on breeding bettas so I have several 10gals divided as barracks for my males to be in.... and my 125 reef (that sadly is for sale) hoping to downsize if I can find a smaller tank that I like.... otherwise it will sell complete.... but let me know if your able to meet probably sunday if thats cool... thanks

I can meet Sunday...is the Dome ok? We'll be driving by there when we go to Costco. I think there are only three small ones...the fourth is smaller so he may be hiding. Want the babies too?

I used to have some kribs in a 29. They set up home under a small piece of driftwood on the right side of the tank and I had some other larger Congo Tetras who hung out on the left side. Eventually most of the babies did get eaten, but a few made it. None of the original inhabitants were injured. I would imagine 10 gallon and lower would definitely be more problematic.

Bill

Yeah, I had them in a 6g fluval ebi tank. The male picked on other fish that weren't even bothering them. Then once they laid more eggs he'd pick on the itty bitty babies. I have another male and female in my fluval edge...male is not nearly mature enough for the female, but I am sure once he is I'll be having to figure out what to do with them or the others in the tank.

Archived