The Condy did great over the last 3 days. I placed it in a crevice and it expanded into it and looked happy. Actually all my anemones were looking great, and I was happy with how things were progressing.

Aquarium_Middle_07MAY2012.jpg

Aquarium_CondyAndGreenOrangeMMCAs_07MAY2012.jpg

Yesterday I fed it a small piece of fresh shrimp ("table shrimp" from HEB).

Aquarium_CondyEating_07MAY2012.jpg

That was around 5PM. It continued to look happy until the white lights went out. Then it went on a walk-about.

Aquarium_CondyMove1_07MAY2012.jpg

This morning, no sign of the Condy including in the intakes. I'm sure it's sucked up into a rock crevice, and I'm sure it's normal. But dang it's annoying. You'd think if it scored a good meal, then it would stay in that spot instead of rolling around.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok something i didnt know until i did some research on my green condy.. i thought i would share the shrinking is the nem basically doing an internal water change does it when ever it wants and after feedings mine does it twice a day... the moving around is it might be finding a safe place to hide its foot ie the base..that is the most vulnerable place for a nem thats why alot of them find a crevice or hole to hid in.....

Well that is what i have learned from research online hope it helps or helps inform

Edited by new55galSALT

I got my condy about the same time you did but i could not get him to eat the table shrimp. I cut it up to a small piece and would totally take it in. 30 min later he just spit it out....guess he jus doesn't like it but he sure loves that mysis.....Also my cinammon clown is now hosting it. I thought clowns didn't like condys?

I got my condy about the same time you did but i could not get him to eat the table shrimp. I cut it up to a small piece and would totally take it in. 30 min later he just spit it out....guess he jus doesn't like it but he sure loves that mysis.....Also my cinammon clown is now hosting it. I thought clowns didn't like condys?

I don't know about clowns associating with Condy Anemones, but my anemone shrimp and crabs love them. My Porcelain Anemone Crabs, especially the N. ohshimai, love the purple Condy even though the crabs are Indo-Pacific and the Condy is Caribbean. I got the two Condy nems specifically for my Spotted Cleaner/Anemone Shrimp, P. yucatanicus, and one has associated with the pink Condy (you can see it above), but the crabs are keeping the other shrimp homeless.

DId you get that anemone shrimp here in town? or on-line?

I got two of them at RCA several weeks ago. I've been bugging them for Anemone Shrimp (other than Sexy Shrimp) and Porcelain Anemone Crabs for weeks, and they've been getting some in. They probably still have my "wish list" sheet with pictures and names if you want to point.

Yesterday I saw an empty shell of one of my Porcelain Anemone Crabs (one of the N. ohshimai) in the front. I'm still hoping it's just a molt and not a dead crab. I may be wanting more anemone critters, too.

Man i've been on an Anomene kick lately. I have a rock anemone, flower anemone, and the condy. I've got my eyes on a sebae next. I just think they are neat to look at. Do you have triggers in the tank? if you do it might be a goner.....but hopefully it's just molting and getn bigger.....