How long to mix salt to water

bananags

most all the recommendation I saw was to mix salt/water overnight before use

here is my question:

if you mix water with 1 pump for 12 hours, then if you use 2 pumps, will this cut the mixing time in half ie 6hrs? or put a few Mag 12 and have it done in 1 hr?

why do I need to mix all night, what is the goal here? mix all the salt and create extra free O2 in the water right?

or is there some slow chemical reaction that need to take place over the moon light to create sea water here?

I am just asking this just in case of emergency water change, I need to make a large amount of water, can I short the time by adding more pump?

Regards

Anh

Edited by bananags

Honestly you can just mix it for 30 minutes will be fine for 10-20 percent water change. Now if you doing a 20-40 percent for extreme water change then you need to let it sit for 3 hour with powerhead and thermometer. Just my opionion and doing this for yrs.

-Joseph Le

thanks gents. 30min mixing heh

hey Joseph, the acoporas I got from you still growing but not very fast, i guess i did not run the light long enough hee hee. I'll check with you on more stuff when i get the new tank up ha ha

thank for giving me a tour and lesson last time hee hee

Anh