AGE 300gln system!!!72x30x24 DP

lsingh

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did some change down in the Stand...took my skimmer out of the sump leaves lot of room for me put some reactor in and do other stuff

photo-123.jpg

How so ever hve a very little leak on the outlet of the skimmer where the water comes out from... It's very slow maybe a drop every 15 sec....tried to tight it open tight again but it not getting fixed....

Any ideas for dummy like me guys out here good with plumbing..

photo-125.jpg

6cc8776e-9b10-92b4.jpg

Nitrites r coming down as well pretty fast... Half of what they were couple days ago

6cc8776e-9b2c-07e5.jpgNitrates r over 50...

Tank should be done cycling by the end of this week and than I do a large water change to get nitrates down...

a6cd09c8-b97a-60da.jpg

After using mag float for a long time and with a soso performance i went ahead and placed an order for magnavore 8...

These magnets r very strong and does remove pretty much all king of glass algae very smoothly....I hve used their magnavore 4er about 4 years ago and loved it...

It looks to me like that union isnt fully cinched down because the skimmer is too high causing stress on the elbow joint. is there any way to get it to "relax" a little bit and be more of a right angle? Hopefully I', explaining this ok, it just looks too far flexed to me.

I hear you got some pretty nice fish ordered for that tank smile.png

Very nice job, looking good. Are you going full reef or FOWLR?

thanks it is going to be a full blown sps system...

and yea for ur info i found this guy some where located in bastrop seems to carry all the rare wrasses i want to make my system look more pretty

It looks to me like that union isnt fully sinched down because the skimmer is too high causing stress on the elbow joint. is there any way to get it to "relax" a little bit and be more of a right angle? Hopefully I', explaining this ok, it just looks too far flexed to me.

thanks for the info....it was missing a gasket..costed me 67 cents from homedepot and works like charmsmile.png

Nitrates r still around 80 ... With in the next few days I will do a large water change and than let it run for few days,..

I should be able to start stocking it up by next week or two ...1st moving my fishes in my holding tank which is

Blk tang

Borb Anthias

2 mcclouch clown

Mystery wrasse

This tank will be truly a sps and wrasses

Tank...

I hve already spoken with couple vendors that I usually deal with and trying to arrange some fishes i want...

So within a month or two I will be getting

A Harem of flame wrasses

Linatus wrasse

Rhomboid

Hooded fairly wrasse

nackoes wrasse

And may a single white bar Anthias that I always wanted...

and even tamrine in futuresmile.png

tank has been fully cycled...i am still waitng till sunday my complete day off to do a large water change and start stocking up...

i also went ahead and purchased another protien skimmer Nac9 which will work along with my deltec ap851....

i also hooked my delctec kalk stirr and i am already loving it....it only stirrs the kalk powder on the bottom not like other reactor mixes it up with the pump....very safe and efficient..

Nitrates r still as high maybe around 80 to 100....

Got a day off today and tomorrow and I am already mixing around 130 gln of fresh salt water to do the large water change....

Ammonia and nitrites read 0 ....

Should I start moving my small 5 fishes into the new display tank next week after the large water change

Nice build! I'm jealous..I've got the same same RO/DI filter(6 stage) you've got from BRS just in this week. 0ppm! I just wish I would have gotten it sooner. Going to get some food-grade containers this week. Going to be following this build snack.gif

Tank is fully ready nitrates r down to 25 and transferred all my 5 fishes into the new tank this morning ...sad news unfortunately one of my Ora mcclouch clown didn't make it....dnt really know what happen he died during the temperature acclimation in the bag....

Really sad bc he was doing fine in my holding tank 20 minutes ago and couldn't even enjoy the big tank....took me forever to locate him when I was looking to buy mcclouhies now female is alone by herself...big loss they ain't cheap

all fishes seems fat and happy.....besides my borb is acting lazy under these bright Metal halides..i guess she not use too of halides...she goes hide in her den when halides kicks on...

i also transfered some of my corals and picked up a huge clam like 12" long for a local reefer....will get some cool pics tomorrow with my new macro lense....

just showing off some pics of my corals that i will be tranfering today in my display..

all these old pics

16dac818.jpg

photo-80.jpg

photo-40.png

IMG_3300-1.jpg

507bed7d.jpg

eb3a77b9.jpg

IMG_3451.jpg

jawbreaker shroom

photo-58.jpg

photo-57.jpg

Edited by lsingh

• 2 weeks later...

shot of my sump

photo-135.jpg

this is equipment list

i upgraded my lights to 3x400wtts now i got plenty lights along with my 8xt5s

i am using two skimmers nac9 and deltec ap851 and they both r doing awsome job

apex with 3 eb8 ports with salt and dimable leds module

brs giant media reactor for carbon

deltec biopellet reactor

delctec kalk stirr

tunze ato

tunze large wavebox

tunze 6205 and 6155 working on tunze 7305

reflow hammer head.....had a bit of a disaster last week came home and my deltec external skimmer over flowed and flooded water all over my stand and my brand new 3 weeks old dart pump went waste.....had to purchase immediately another return pump which was really pain....luckily percision marine is only 30 miles away from me in new braunfels and they keep those in stock on regular basis and my lfs is nice enough to get that for me same day.....

2x some brand 250wts heater...

delta star aqualogic 3/4 hp chiller which rarely comes on and quickly chills my tank and keep em at 79 all the time....

also LM111 with 2x slave modules for cal mag and alk

light schedules as follows

t5 from 7am till 10 am

MH from 9 am till 4 pm

t5 from 3pm till 7 pm

some of my fishes i added couple weeks ago and they r doin fine

IMG_3743.jpg

IMG_3742.jpg

IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

heres my trio