Salt ?

ludakris

I was woundering if anyone is or has know someone to be alergic to salt for aquariums. I used coralife for the longest time and I have been fine with it. I recently switched to Red Sea Coral Pro and everytime I have to stick my hand in my tank to do something or move something my arms get really itchy afterwards. When I first opened the bucket and stuck an measuring cup in it, it felt warm and that it was gettin hotter. I washed my hands right away. They only itch for like 30 min or so then it goes away. I know its not normal but i wanna know if anyone else has had this experence

Extremely anhydrous salt will feel hot when held. It will actually allow to salt to dissolve faster and will generally make more gallons/weight at a given salinity. You will experience the effect with salts like Coral Pro and Seachem Salinity. Now why you would be having any kind of reaction to the mixed product is more likely a personal sensitivity issue and beyond my pay grade.

Gary