Art Project

Hello! My name is Alan, just recently moved to Austin (this past October). Currently I am without a tank, as I'm kinda poor right now and moving around a lot, but was addicted to it once (still am sorta... can really nerd out about it)!

My favorite tank I ever had was a 2gal, crushed coral bed, single beautiful live rock with beautifully pruned caulerpa sawtooth, various zoos and a beautiful little harlequin shrimp as the only purchased resident (a favorite hitchhiker was a spaghetti worm)...oh, and tons of copepods...it was so pristine....simple, elegant, etc.

And finally, I'm interested in taking beautiful B&W photos of peoples gear and tanks, if anyones willing. I'm an artist (photography and painting and what have you), and think that reefs are an art form as well and that there are a lot of interesting elements to reefing worth discussing in a larger context.

I shoot film mostly, although bring a digital around to check everything. I use a Canon Ae-1 and a yashica Mat124g along with a Nikon D70. I have my own dark room and do my own enlargements and would be willing to give people some prints in exchange for letting me do this. Thanks a million!

Thanks for letting me join and I'm happy you all are doing this!

• 3 weeks later...