Recommend RODI unit

fightinghippo

Hello,

I am considering buying one of these two from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0PPM-Portable-100GPD-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-DI-Filtration-/380341933047?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588e2553f7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zero-0-ppm-Reef-6st-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-DI-Water-Filters-/110614330211?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item19c120bb63

Does anyone have these units. Can you please let me know which one is better . i have a 55 gallon tank.

Or are there any others units in that price range that are better

My friend owns hydro logic, good company, good products. That's the only brand of filter I've used for years.

Don't worry so much about the up front cost, look at the membrane repalcement prices. Sometimes they are like printers, buy the printer for $75 but the replacement ink is $50.

Thank you all for the help.

This is what i found --> http://www.ebay.com/itm/AQUARIUM-CORAL-REEF-RO-2-DI-REVERSE-OSMOSIS-PURE-WATER-FILTRATION-SYSTEM-RD102-/350550799631?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519e74b50f

I am planning on just using the faucet to connect to when i runt his. Are the adapters available at lowes/homedepot or do i need it order it online?

If you know the partname can you please let me know

That's the same unit I have. They must of have changed the company name. The only modification I made was to get an additonal canister with a clear refillable cartridge from BRS to replace the two "bullets" on the top.

Dave-

the typhoon 3 from air water ice has great reviews plus its filters are reusable and as members we get a 10% discount and a free tds meter, however they kinda **** you on shipping 17ish dollars wish orders over so and so had free shipping =P but hell i ordered one anyway itll be here in april whistle.gif

i got the water general rd102 unit. I got the unit and it is sitting in my living room. I dont think they include an adapter for a garden hose. Do any of you know where i can get that adapter

Lowes, Home Depot

the typhoon 3 from air water ice has great reviews plus its filters are reusable and as members we get a 10% discount and a free tds meter, however they kinda **** you on shipping 17ish dollars wish orders over so and so had free shipping =P but hell i ordered one anyway itll be here in april whistle.gif

Air Water Ice does offer free shipping for group orders that exceed $1500, plus you get an extra 5% discount at that level. While it may seem hard to reach, a group order for equipment could hit that.

i got the water general rd102 unit. I got the unit and it is sitting in my living room. I dont think they include an adapter for a garden hose. Do any of you know where i can get that adapter

Lowes, Home Depot

Thank you for the recommendation and answering my questions. All of you who responded. Thank you

Edited by fightinghippo