Free 90g tall

lenver

So I got some pretty good deals here in the forum and wanted to give some back, this is a 90g tall tank, it has a seam failure on the front glass right side, it leaked and I got another one to replace it, so it's free to whoever wants it, I believe it's 48x18x30 and it's 5/8" thick, very heavy doesn't need a middle brace, but it does have to be resealed, comes with a stand and a DIY background, as it is could be a nice display for snakes or reptiles, if interested email [email protected], you will need 2-3 friend to take it, it's very heavy and I hurt my back carrying a 150 yesterday so I can't help.

post-2381-0-38308600-1330965398_thumb.jp

Edited by lenver

So if Jaggedfire doesn't take it, which I doubt for what he told me, the next on the list is Chris Weinberg, and then Joe.Kool, we won't know till the end of the week since he will be picking up either thursday or friday

Sounds perfect! This tank isn't going to be 100% easy thats for sure. I watched Hydro Innovations rebuild some tanks, I know at least 1 of the 75 gallons has taken 4 attempts.

It will take a complete break down of the tank, cut apart then rebuild. Take pics of the progress!

I am super excited about this tank guys. I have a couple buddies already recruited for help on repair and started sourcing other parts for a build. Thank you again!

If that tank leaked at the top I would consider putting in a center brace or at least eurobracing it. I just got done rebuilding a 90 gallon tank with almost the exact same measurements. It also didn't have a center brace and 1/2" glass and actually held water just fine. BUT when I pulled the top front and back corners away from the side glass there clearly was a seperation in the silicone about 3" down all 4 sides. It wasn't leaking but was close to tearing away. I think this was because it didn't have the center brace. I cut the front and back glasses off the tank, cleaned, and completely resealed it. I just did one side at a time and although it took a little while it turned out great. I bought some DOW 732 silicone which is what glass cages uses for tanks, kinda expensive but you won't need more than 2 tubes, maybe only one. I also went through plenty of those single blade razors and a handle to hold them. Acetone and scotchbrite is good at removing stubborn silicone. 1/4" washers make great smoothers for the silicone on the inside corners, makes perfect joints without taping them. The tank looks great and holds water of course, I have no worries at all about it holding.

Since you have to tear up the trim to get the tank apart I ended up eurobracing the top and it worked out great. I did 3" wide x 1/4" thick strips the length of the inside long panel ($10 each). This keeps water from easily splashing out and there is no bowing of the front and back glass at all, which is what can tear apart the seams. I was able to save the bottom trim and reused it but you can't you can always toss it out and put the tank on a piece of styrofoam.

I have a 75 gallon tank that I have literally repaired at least 5 times trying to get it to stop leaking. I should have taken it apart in the first place but didnt....learned a lesson. It still leaks after all that so we are going to fill it up and shoot it with a big gun, I have to get some kind of use out of it lol. We are going to film it.

I have some of that silicone if you want to buy a tube, I had to buy a case because that was all that was offered. Good luck with it. Its totally doable and was actually fun. If you have any questions LMK, I did my homework on this before cutting it apart. I'm about to reseal a 250 gallon next!

Here are pics of the eurobrace that I did

post-1255-0-31194400-1331687638_thumb.jp