What do i feed a Rock Boring Sea Urchin?

sifuentes31

Hello everybody. I'm a new guy here to the site and also to Saltwater tanks. I'm getting a new sea urchin friday when my order comes in from Reef Cleaners. My question is "what do i feed a Rock Boring Sea Urchin? I have a little algae on the sand floor and of course on my live rock but what do i feed him after he's eaten it all?? Just don't want him to starve....snack.gif

post-2319-0-68191400-1330016891.jpg

Oh ok. I feed my fish granules every other day and Mysis, so most of the granules fall to the floor. So will this keep the urchin fed?

I was also thinking of buying some seaweed and wrapping it around a rock and let him have at it. Right now i don't have any omnivores ( Tangs) yet. So it will all go to him. And lol on feeding him Rocks....He's not a Fraggle...

post-2319-0-60239000-1330020931_thumb.jp

I have a rock urchin that lived in my first saltwater 10gal tank for 4 years, and now lives in his upgraded 28gal cube. I've never fed him anything in particular. I assume he eats coraline off the rocks and detritus? I've tried pencil urchins more than once in my 55gal that would die after just a couple months, so I don't know why the rock urchin has lived so long with nothing special.