Terrier Type Dog Needs a Home

Dena

This is Sam. I found him on my property 4yrs ago and brought him to the shelter. I couldn't leave him there so I took him out and found a home for him. Soon after, I started getting calls (all hours) from people finding him (his microchip is registered to me). Apparently her and her roommates left him outside unattended for long periods of time. She moved around a lot because I would get calls from all over Austin.

Long story short, the calls started up again a few weeks ago. I called her and she said she gave him to her ex boyfriend, but was thinking about taking him back. I told her to call me if she needed help with him. Last week, someone found him again, roaming the streets of East Austin. I went and picked him up myself. I've had him for over a week and I have not received one call from her saying he was lost. She KNOWS they call me when he gets out. So, I'm not giving him back to her.

I have 8 other dogs right now and just can't keep this boy. He's about 5yrs old. neutered and weighs about 45lbs...kinda on the chunky side. He resembles a large Jack Russell, but I really don't know what he is. I'll be getting his shots updated tomorrow. Sam is an awesome dog!!! He came into my home and hasn't once growled at the other dogs. He just walks away when my Rottie snaps at him...and he sleeps on the dog bed with my Pekingese. He's house and crate trained, comes when called, but will need a secure fenced yard and supervision when let outside.

I am not looking for any money, just a good, solid, stable and responsible home. I would like to visit any home that is interested in him.

Thanks!

Dena

post-429-0-90665300-1328329717_thumb.jpg

Thanks! He got his vaccinates done today and he's heart worm negative - woo hoo. I hear ya about too many. Luckily he's smaller than most of my dogs and doesn't eat quite as much as they do.