CC kryptonite death

wa1tx

Went to work this morning and the cc kryptonite I grew from 4 heads to about 30 was looking fine. Nothing unusual. Got home and it was almost completely bleached and flesh coming off in about 10 hours. I monitor my tank several times a day via an apex. Everything was normal. All the other corals look fine. I tested water and all parameters were within range. No spikes or anything too far off where they should be.

Anyone experience this before or have any ideas? I guess I will do a big water change on my Sunday.

It was kinda out on its own. Nitrates were close to 0 and phosphates close to 0 which are normal for my tank. I have a torch coral but it is on the other side of a 125 by itself. I follow all the best practices with my tank Only thing I have done different this week that I just thought of is I added marine sat on Sunday.

I am bummed. That was the one coral that non reefers looked at and commented on.

Temps were never higher than 80 or lower than 78.1. My anemone moved to behind the rock as soon as I put it in. From what I can see of the anenome it is fine. I wish I could coax it to the front of the rock.

My wife did tell me that she saw a crab walking all over the cc in the morning. Would that do it?

Sorry to hear about your loss. It's scarry and frustrating when corals that were doing well die so unexpectedly and when there's no indicator as to why. This may not be much consolation but my experience when a coral dies under similar circumstances when the water quality tests well it most likely won't spread to other coral but obvioulsy keep an eye out (and don't be surprised if you start getting algae on the glass faster in a week or so hmm.png ).

that blows....how long has your tank been up and running? and how long are your lights on? this is def a mystery. I am sorry to hear about this.

Tank has been up for a little over 1 year. My 3x 250 mh stay on 8 hours and 4 x 80w actinics are on 12 hours. This time of year my temp is staying between 78-80.

Saturday after everything looked a little stressed. I left the lights off for 24 hours and I tested water again and everything was fine. I did a 60gish water change on Sunday and everything perked back up by Monday evening. I have to guess something was wrong with my water chemistry but apparently it was something I do not test for. I test for all the normal stuff. Not sure what else I could test for.