Ecoxotic RGB

Devin

Yeah I had one for a while. It was cool I guess for what it is. The color spectrum is neat at first but it is mostly for display only. The lightning storms and whatnot......well IMO....the remote has preset color shades and you just push the shade you want and it allows for very little customization. There is no setting for storms or lightning and maybe I missed something altogether but if you want it to dim you have to do it yourself with the remote or you can put it on the dim setting but it just dims up and down and the only control you have is the speed at which it brightens or dims. Also if you run it on a timer, it has a tendency to power back on with the alternating color option instead of whatever setting;spectrum you left it on......I found this out after setting it up while I was gone over the weekend. I came home to my tank blasting full power(not ok on my nano) and flashing rapidly every second between all the diff colors. I guess it had been doing that all day sat and sun........the fact that after taxes I spent almost $170 for 20 watts of led........eh....Invest your money in a DIY kit and get a dimmer and control box and do what you want with your own spectrum.......I will say however that my colors popped in a way that we all dream of.........it was very pretty and flashy and tech. But I would not even think of buying another unless it was for a kid and not a serious reefer