2 Adult engineer gobies $10ea

TBone

I'm breaking down my tank and these are the last fish I have to sell.

I feel bad stressing them out every time a sell a rock. I have to collapse their caves so they're out in the open and they have to rebuild their caves all over again.

They are cool looking, awesome community fish. I never had any problems with aggression or predation. However, I did not keep really small fish or shrimp to test them with.

These are the old prices. They are $10 each now

You just have to make sure your rocks are resting on the glass bottom so they don't shift when the substrate is moved around.

What I did was space several pieces of live rock resting flat on the glass bottom and then used those as the base for my larger rocks. The "gobies" dig out the substrate in between the bottom pieces and have the larger rocks as their cave top. Once I figured that out I never had problems with rocks falling or shifting.

Did they grow up together? I have a 9 inch adult but have never tried to introduce others. He's got the bottom of the tank full of tunnels.

I had one for a few months before I got the second one. I never saw any fighting. When they were smaller they hung out together but now they seem to like it either way. After I sell a rock and "reset" the tank they are as likely to dig one cave and share it as they are to build two and be apart. These two are about 12" long. From my experience it seems that one of these guys does about as much to the tank as a horde of them can :) so as long as they have room to stretch out I don't see any problems.

They're BIG. Much bigger than my other fish. And my rockwork isn't on the glass and didn't want to chance any issues. The rocks that you sold me look great in my tank though! Unfortunately the bivalve broke in transit :(

They're BIG. Much bigger than my other fish. And my rockwork isn't on the glass and didn't want to chance any issues. The rocks that you sold me look great in my tank though! Unfortunately the bivalve broke in transit sad.png

Oh no! Did it break all the way off? They're really good at growing back and will still open up if a little broken. Hope it recovers well!

Glad all the rock looks great :)

Unfortunately it did break all the way off... there's a little bit still attached to the rock and most of it in another piece that I have set on the rock to see if it opens...

poor thing :( They can regenerate. Hopefully there is enough left on the rock. I was seeing about an inch growth a year. It probably won't hurt to make sure there is a good amount of calcium, especially since you have lots of crabs using it up in there. Good luck!