Home for the Holidays?

Teresa

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2 gallon pico set up at work with some corals and sexy shrimp. The light is on an automatic timer and I will be at work tomorrow to feed everything. The question is, Should I bring the sexy shrimp home for the Thanksgiving break? The tank will be unattended for 5 days at work. If I bring them home, they will go into my 29 gallon biocube.

Thoughts?

I personally just set up an auto feeder on my BC29. Got the light on a timer, the water well topped off and the auto feeder working nice. Hoping it will last until Sunday night. I have 2 false perc 1 pep shrimp 2 snail 5 hermit and 1 elephant slug. Fingers crossed the slug does his known job of cleaning up the extra flakes!

Hope your pico works out well!!

If you bring it home, take a clean empty 2 liter bottle and punch tons of small holes in it (small enough that the shrimp can't get out). Put the shrimp in it and put it in your 29. You'll be able to target feed him, he'll be protected from your other fish, and he'll get fresh water. When you're ready to get him out just cut the top off of the bottle rather than trying to "pour" him out, that way he won't get damaged.

My pico is running at work and I just have my IT guy feed it every few days and top off the water. I buy him lunch when I get back...

If you bring it home, take a clean empty 2 liter bottle and punch tons of small holes in it (small enough that the shrimp can't get out). Put the shrimp in it and put it in your 29. You'll be able to target feed him, he'll be protected from your other fish, and he'll get fresh water. When you're ready to get him out just cut the top off of the bottle rather than trying to "pour" him out, that way he won't get damaged. My pico is running at work and I just have my IT guy feed it every few days and top off the water. I buy him lunch when I get back...

Never thought about using a soda bottle to keep fish separated. That's a cool idea.