whats the best skimmer for a 45 gal with 20 gal sump for $150?

04prixgt04

You will find in this hobbie there is no getting it right the first time :) lol no mater what you do somwhere down the line you will find something you like better. Im sure any of the main stream companies will work great for you and tunze is usualy a good choise.

You will find in this hobbie there is no getting it right the first time smile.png lol no mater what you do somwhere down the line you will find something you like better. Im sure any of the main stream companies will work great for you and tunze is usualy a good choise.

+1 I've already found myself buying items and the second I get them home I think, " Man I'm going to save up and trade this off when I get my new better badder item..."

I personally like tunze or the octopus does look real nice, not sure If i have seen one run in person though.

Well, I've got a big Tunze on a 300 gal and it's the quietest PS I've come across for it's size. However, I don't use PS on most of my tanks. If you want to use one that's fine just be aware there are arguments against them and many people are successful without them.

Here's a video of one of my tanks that does not have a PS: