Canister filter leak

C Lo Slice

I have a Cascade canister filter. I (try to) clean it once a month. I've been doing so since April. Well, I just cleaned it and hooked everything back up. The instructions say to let it sit for one minute after opening the flow control valves. I let it sit for one minute, went to do something else, then noticed a TON of water on my floors. I turned the flow control valves off to stop the leak, then cleaned up the water on the floor. Took it back outside and un-hooked everything to make sure everything was kosher, then re-assembled. Hooked it back up and things started leaking again. What the @$(&*#(*&@! is goin on?!?!?!? I've never had this problem before! Can someone PLEASE help me?

All parts are there. I have no idea what the issue is. I have taken it apart and reassembled it 3 times with the same result. My wife wasn't too happy with the mess that she came home to last night. I guess I'm just going to have to toss an extra powerhead in the tank and go without mechanical filtration until I can get to an LFS to see if they can identify something that I'm possibly overlooking.

I would suspect the O-ring is damaged or out of place. My Eheim did that one and upon replacing the o-ring with a new one, it worked perfectly without leaking. It only takes a very tiny crack or split in the o-ring to cause the seal to break and leak. You may try using a vaseline or some kind of mechanical ointment on the o-ring to see if that helps. If not, I would say replace the oring.