Heating During Winter, Quest on Eheim Jagger

Pailines

So recently due to the decline in atm temperature, i decided it was a good time to add a heating unit to my 20Long. Long story short, i bough a Eheim Jagger 3614 100watt Heater.

Now here comes my question.

Will a Model: 3614 Eheim Jagger 100Watt, rated at (26-40) gallon tank, be appropriate for a 20long tank? I know it says it's rate for 26-40, but i was told that it can be used for any tank "UP TO" 40gallon. Just want to get a second opinion.

Thanks ARC :)

Sounds good to me. It always seems better to add a slightly bigger heater than needed or it may not be able to keep up depending on how cold the area is. I have my sump in the garage and and had to run 2 300 watt and another 100 watt just to keep my 150ish gal of water at 77 when it got really cold last year. I then found if I placed towels around and over the top of the sump on racks so they could not fall in it really cut down on how many watts I had to run.

I would also add that the glass marine land heaters suck as far as as I am concerned they seem to always come on even when the tank is over what they are set on. If I had kept them I would have added an external controll to turn them off and on.

but I went to an 800 watt titanium with external controll.

Edited by AquaJohn