Watch Out! (sorry if this isn't the right forum for this topic)

mikemcd

Hey don't assume everyone doing transactions on/in this club is honest. Recently had a negative experience on a piece of equipment I picked up from someone who is a member and they refuse to answer emails, phone calls, and texts.

I do understand we live in a world of buyer beware; I do a lot of transactions on Craigslist and from time to time on ARC but come on folks--if you make a trade or a sale, I think most of us are reasonable to the point where we expect something of value in return for something of value we are giving up.

I have given away many used items that were used to get people started in keeping fish--a wonderful hobby. I would never DREAM of selling or trading something that I wasn't relatively sure was functional or relatively complete/mostly intact.

I'm not going to name names, but the person who did this is either very immature or unscrupulous...and you know who you are!

I'll get off my soapbox; suffice it to say, don't fool yourself in to believing every person you deal with in this group or in life is honest and will deal with your fairly. Watch yourself and ask the right questions when purchasing equipment.

It's like they say, when you ASSUME you make an A** out of U and ME.

Good Night,

Michael

Hi Micheal- I feel ya bro. I got 2 bad incident a year ago and they were 2 days apart. I bought a 660 ice cap ballast from a guy in Killeen/Temple area and bought a jbj wave controller and canister from someone in the west 620 area. Well the ballast doesn't work, the wave controller - one works the other does not, canister won't pump and pull water. I PM'd the guy from Killeen - no response and I was furious, didn't get a chance to pm the guy in my disgust - posted what happened and I wasn't holding back named names. Oh boy I turned out to be the villain after that. The 2 clowns even had the audacity to tell me what I should and shouldn't have done. PM'd both of them and they offered to refund my money - I obviously posted - stating that all is well and that both individual will settle with me- TILL this day I did not get my money back.... hope they rot in h3ll!

• Like 1

Hey don't assume everyone doing transactions on/in this club is honest. Recently had a negative experience on a piece of equipment I picked up from someone who is a member and they refuse to answer emails, phone calls, and texts.

I do understand we live in a world of buyer beware; I do a lot of transactions on Craigslist and from time to time on ARC but come on folks--if you make a trade or a sale, I think most of us are reasonable to the point where we expect something of value in return for something of value we are giving up.

I have given away many used items that were used to get people started in keeping fish--a wonderful hobby. I would never DREAM of selling or trading something that I wasn't relatively sure was functional or relatively complete/mostly intact.

I'm not going to name names, but the person who did this is either very immature or unscrupulous...and you know who you are!

I'll get off my soapbox; suffice it to say, don't fool yourself in to believing every person you deal with in this group or in life is honest and will deal with your fairly. Watch yourself and ask the right questions when purchasing equipment.

It's like they say, when you ASSUME you make an A** out of U and ME.

Good Night,

Michael

sorry to hear you had a bad expierence with someone on here. everyone seems so nice when ya meet them.

ps: your inbox is full : )

This is a valid point to make. I am closing it so this doesn't turn into a personal flaming thread, but am keeping it on the board for people to see (moving to Off-Topic though).

As you stated, it is buyer-beware. This club has a lot of fantastic people that go out of their way to help. But as with anything, you just need to be careful.