Does anyone have a glass bit i can barrow for two holes?

joshgabel

I bought a 40g breeder and a 29g for a sump. I have outgrown my 6g cube.

I have a pair of 1 1/2" bulkheads should be good for 1500GPH and a 1000gph pump.

My problem is getting a hold of a bit this weekend. i thought about ordering from glassholes but i would rather rent one from another member here for lets say $10 and ill give it back.

Or if someone wants to trade a new in the box 40B for a used drilled one im your guy.

let me know.

Hey joshgabel,

Congrats on the upgrade smile.png

Although i dont have a bit to offer you, i can offer you some critical step people often miss.

Just a heads up when drilling,

1. Make sure the tank is glass made. Tempered Glass will shatter like a grenade if you drill it. ('Most' 40Breeder has tempered bottom panel, which mine has thumbsdown.gif )

2. Go comatose-slow. Going too fast sometimes overheat the bit, causing less effective drilling, or stress the glass too much that it shatters. Rather drill for hours on end then to buy a new tank and start over.

3. Put a piece of wood flush against the opposite side where you are drilling. This prevents blow-out during and after drilling. (This makes a perfect hole with no chipped edgesrock.gif )

Good luck and post your tank build to share your creation punk.gif

P.S. a cheap glass bit usually last for 1 drill. Quality of bit reflect quality of hole.

I have a diamond hole bit 1 1/2 inch you can use. We have used it for two holes and I don't know how well they hold up but it worked just as good on the second hole as it did the first. It came from glass holes, I even still have the hole template. I live in Leander. Let me know if you want to use it. 512-635-6256.

Jennifer