Free Tailspot Blenny *GONE*

Aaarrrggg

I have a tailspot blenny who's adorable, but with my last purchase of a couple of clowns I'd rather cut him from the bioload (2 clowns + yasha goby in 20g)

Here's the catch, I think he has intestinal parasites... turned.gif

I bought him from AquaDome a couple of months ago. He's quite small (which is what attracted me to him in the first place) and eats like a pig, but then gets very bloated and does pretty big poos (brown, not white/stringy) Apart from that he's very active and in good health, the bloating just looks a bit weird. From what I understand he could be treated in a QT tank with Praziquantel.

The other thing it could be he's just eating the wrong sort of food. I read that blennies can get a bit bloaty if they haven't had enough veggies and there isn't a great deal of algae in my tank for him to pick at. I tried supplementing his diet with some chopped up peas (which he loves!) but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Anyway, I still have to catch the li'l bugger so I'm not sure exactly when he'll be good to go (he's sneaky!) but I thought I'd put it out there in case anyone was interested. He really has an awesome character, always comes up to the glass and looks right back at you hehe. I'll try and get a pic.

Edit: Oh btw, I should point out that intestinal parasites generally aren't contagious as they usually species specific. Certainly none of my other fish have developed any symptoms.

Haha! In the battle of human vs blenny, score one for the human! I caught the li'l sucker! :D

The bottle trap failed miserably; although it did catch 2 nass snails before my female clown decided to claim it as a host and begun chasing everyone else away. :facepalm:

I was losing hope of ever catching him, but I noticed that he was v interested in the mp10 when I turned it off. He kept ducking inside the casing and eating the algae off it. So I positioned a net next to it and waited. Next time he went in I swung the net over the pump, et voila! :)

Sorry probably more info than was needed, but I'm just so proud! :lol:

PMed you Woods