My confused little six line

ReeferKris

So, I glanced over at my tank while getting ready to head out today and I noticed that my small six line wrasse is playing in my large RBTA with my percula clown fish. I have been doing this for over 7 years and have never even heard of such a thing. I will try to snap a shot later on if I have time. Anybody ever heard of such a thing?? he seems to do this a lot now and I am quite sure that he sees the anemone as his home.

Anyway, just wanted to share this weird sight.

Is the six line swimming into the anemone? I agree, I have never seen that before with a six line.

Of course, I should believe it, as my little clown goby likes to swim and sit inside my long tentacle plate.

Are wrasses schooling fish? Mine is best buddies with my coral beauty. The wrasse was the first one to welcome the CB to the tank, and they hang out together all the time. sometimes they'll see each other from far away and quickly swim to together and circle around each other and kind of rub up against each other and then swim off together. I've been wondering what was up with that. ;)

pics as promised. I must say that the pics are bad but these darn 6 lines aint slow...lol

Are wrasses schooling fish? Mine is best buddies with my coral beauty. The wrasse was the first one to welcome the CB to the tank, and they hang out together all the time. sometimes they'll see each other from far away and quickly swim to together and circle around each other and kind of rub up against each other and then swim off together. I've been wondering what was up with that. ;)
Is this a 6 line you are talking about? If so, no they are not normally "schooling" fish but they aren't normally anemone fish either so what do I know. Six lines are notoriously pugnacious when it comes to other fish, sometimes MUCH larger than themselves but I believe that each species has its exceptions. Curious, are you successful at keeping the CBB without it nipping at polyps or zoas? Again, a hit or miss type scenario.

post-193-1185478894_thumb.jpg

post-193-1185478958_thumb.jpg

this a 6 line you are talking about? If so, no they are not normally "schooling" fish but they aren't normally anemone fish either so what do I know. Six lines are notoriously pugnacious when it comes to other fish, sometimes MUCH larger than themselves but I believe that each species has its exceptions. Curious, are you successful at keeping the CBB without it nipping at polyps or zoas? Again, a hit or miss type scenario.

Yes, I have a six line and it's as nice as it can be. It just goes about it's business swimming in and out of the little caves and looking for food. The only thing it does that is bothersome is swim up through the holes into my mini-fuge (shower caddy) and stir up the chaeto, looking for pods I guess, but it causes a small mess.

As for the coral beauty, it's even more docile than the six line. But I don't really have anything for it to nip at yet. I have no polyps and my zoas are still tiny frags.

Yes, I have a six line and it's as nice as it can be. It just goes about it's business swimming in and out of the little caves and looking for food. The only thing it does that is bothersome is swim up through the holes into my mini-fuge (shower caddy) and stir up the chaeto, looking for pods I guess, but it causes a small mess.

As for the coral beauty, it's even more docile than the six line. But I don't really have anything for it to nip at yet. I have no polyps and my zoas are still tiny frags.

Ah, I thought you were abbreviating "Copper Band" butterfly. Sorry for the confusion.