Apex Lite firmware update

wa1tx

Has anyone updated firmware on their Apex using a Mac? I get an error

"Failed creating ARP table entry"

I then get a pop up that syays to run it on command line using the NOARP command. How do I run it from command line? call the executable from the terminal window?

I tried making a manual entry in the ARP table but it did not like that either.

It is plugged into a Netgear wireless bridge. Does it absolutely have to be plugged in directly to the router/gateway?

Thanks in advance

I've read about the ARP message over on RC, I can't remember the fix right now.

And yes, you should not try to update over a wireless bridge. It's not supported and sounds like it doesn't work well.

If it's giving you a command to insert the apex mac address` into your arp table just run it from terminal.

dang, all this for a firmware upgrade. Macs are supposed to be easy to use. Silly that this has to be done from shell...

I agree upgrading wirelessly is not recommended.

The firmware update is done via GUI, there's just a problem with Mac's seeing the Apex if there's no ARP entry on the Mac side. I'm not sure if a fix is coming for this or what.

Apparently this is non issue in windows. Go figure.

Any particular reason you are updating other than just to update?

I don't want to update, but I am having a hardware issue with the display unit and Neptune told me I had to update before they would go any further with support.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got this done. The Mac OS firmware updater never would work. I finally brought my work laptop home and did it. In case someone else runs into an issue updating the firmware, the apex AND the computer pushing the update have to be hardwired to the router for it to be successful. Once I hard wired them both in it took 30 seconds.