**SOLD** BNIB Precision Marine Redline 225 Protein Skimmer $240

Mindflux

Bought this beast of a skimmer and realized I'd likely be overskimming the heck out of a 125+40 sump with it. I thought about not keeping power to it through a timer for part of the day... so if nobody wants it it's not gonna hurt my feelings.. I'll make it work through sporadic skimming. ha!

Thought I'd toss it up here for grabs, I've had it about a month and I can't send it back to the vendor. Just trying to get what I paid for it. I got it on closeout for $239.

RL225 Specifications

Overall Height 27”

Reaction Chamber Diameter 8”

Footprint 11”x13.50”

Included Water Pump PM RLP2000

Power Consumption 65w

Ozone Compatible Yes

Capacity 225g Maximum

Muffler Included

Integrated Valve/Vented Drain Yes

Optimum Water Level 9”

These things retail for $399. :)

rl225series.jpg

I would be interested in it.

Bought this beast of a skimmer and realized I'd likely be overskimming the heck out of a 125+40 sump with it. I thought about not keeping power to it through a timer for part of the day... so if nobody wants it it's not gonna hurt my feelings.. I'll make it work through sporadic skimming. ha!

Thought I'd toss it up here for grabs, I've had it about a month and I can't send it back to the vendor. Just trying to get what I paid for it. I got it on closeout for $239.

RL225 Specifications

Overall Height 27”

Reaction Chamber Diameter 8”

Footprint 11”x13.50”

Included Water Pump PM RLP2000

Power Consumption 65w

Ozone Compatible Yes

Capacity 225g Maximum

Muffler Included

Integrated Valve/Vented Drain Yes

Optimum Water Level 9”

These things retail for $399. :)

rl225series.jpg

I don't think you'd be over skimming your tank with that PS. If you have a total water volume of 165 gallons then this would be a good PS for that size. Remember, it's always better to have a skimmer that is to big rather than to small.

I don't think you'd be over skimming your tank with that PS. If you have a total water volume of 165 gallons then this would be a good PS for that size. Remember, it's always better to have a skimmer that is to big rather than to small.

Total Volume is probably closer to 150. The sump holds 40 to the rim so at operating range it probably holds 25-30.. though I don't know how to calculate that since the three chambers all have different water levels.