BRS GROUP BUY FOR 8/2 - 8-8

Mindflux

Anyone got anything planned? I need to order two or three things.

This has turned into an official group buy! If you'd like to participate please PM Inland Reef your Last name and email address on file with BRS! The group buy status will start on 8/2/2011.

People on list:

1. Mindflux

2. wa1tx

3. dshel1217

4. KimP

5. Inland Reef

6. CapsAzN

7. dsquared

8. vwmike

9. wizardx322

10. offboard participant

We now have 10 members signed up for the BRS group buy, so we are in!

If anyone else would like to join in, please send me your last name & the email you used to set up your BRS account.

I will prepare the paperwork & submit it on Monday (8/2). Then what? Here is what will happen after your list is emailed to BRS:

* On the pre-determined Tuesday (8/3) each participant will receive an email notifying them that the Group Buy has started.

* Participants can start buying as soon as they get this email. Please wait for this email before placing orders!

* During the group buy week participants will login to their own account to place their own order, which ships immediately.

* At the end of the Group Buy each participant's account will be changed to Preferred Customer. BRS Preferred Customer pricing is generally between our retail and group buy prices. This permanent upgrade is our way of saying thanks for getting your reef supplies with us!

• Like 1

A group order would be ideal as we'd get the group discount.

Another incentive is that each individual that participates on the group buy, automaticlly becomes a "preferred" customer and gets that discount on all future individual orders.

Each order is shipped directly to your address, so you don't need to coordinate pickups.

If we can't get 10 people to go in on ARC, then i can throw this out there on some other forums.

Anyone else need something from BRS???

A group order would be ideal as we'd get the group discount.

Another incentive is that each individual that participates on the group buy, automaticlly becomes a "preferred" customer and gets that discount on all future individual orders.

Each order is shipped directly to your address, so you don't need to coordinate pickups.

If we can't get 10 people to go in on ARC, then i can throw this out there on some other forums.

Anyone else need something from BRS???

Yes it would be ideal, but at the same token I'm not ordering enough to qualify for free shipping whilst merging orders would get us there. I am already a 'preferred customer', and the deeper discount for the group buy would work on one item I want. So if we can make it happen so be it. :)

Alright.

Well if we want to make this official I'll have to get everyone's last name and email address used at BRS. That way I can submit the proper 'paperwork'. Since submissions are due on Monday, today won't work unless we get more folks involved. So lets set it for August 1st submission date, and August 2nd we'll get our group buy status unlocked whenever they get around to it?

Ok, I've updated the list but it turns out Inland Reef already has a few people on a list he was starting when I inadvertently stepped in to the coordinator role. So from here on out please PM Jason (Inland Reef) for your BRS group buy participation.

Hi dsquared.

Mindflux posted the original list, so I can't edit/update his post.

I've got the list going & certainly have you down. Responded to your PM.

Here is the official list.

1. Mindflux

2. wa1tx

3. dshel1217

4. KimP

5. Inland Reef

6. CapsAzN

7. dsquared

8. vwmike

9. wizardx322

10. juiceman

11. rprew

12. miasma

We now have the 10 members required for the group buy!

We can easily add more, Anyone need something from Bulk Reef Supply?

Edited by Inland Reef

We now have 10 members signed up for the BRS group buy, so we are in.

If anyone else would like to join in, please send me your last name & the email you used to set up your BRS account.

I will prepare the paperwork & submit it on Monday (8/2). Then what? Here is what will happen after your list is emailed to BRS:

• On the pre-determined Tuesday (8/3) each participant will receive an email notifying them that the Group Buy has started.
  • Participants can start buying as soon as they get this email. Please wait for this email before placing orders!
  • During the group buy week participants will login to their own account to place their own order, which ships immediately.
  • At the end of the Group Buy each participant's account will be changed to Preferred Customer. BRS Preferred Customer pricing is generally between our retail and group buy prices. This permanent upgrade is our way of saying thanks for getting your reef supplies with us!

We now have 10 members signed up for the BRS group buy, so we are in.

• On the pre-determined Tuesday (8/3) each participant will receive an email notifying them that the Group Buy has started.
  • Participants can start buying as soon as they get this email. Please wait for this email before placing orders!
  • During the group buy week participants will login to their own account to place their own order, which ships immediately.
  • At the end of the Group Buy each participant's account will be changed to Preferred Customer. BRS Preferred Customer pricing is generally between our retail and group buy prices. This permanent upgrade is our way of saying thanks for getting your reef supplies with us!

Great! I'll probably just piggy back off you if you don't mind. One of the items I wanted I ended up getting cheaper through someone getting out of the hobby on another board. Saved me $15 bucks and it's still new in box. Can't complain there. So I may be looking to spend around $40.. I might look around more. :doh:

Great! I'll probably just piggy back off you if you don't mind. One of the items I wanted I ended up getting cheaper through someone getting out of the hobby on another board. Saved me $15 bucks and it's still new in box. Can't complain there. So I may be looking to spend around $40.. I might look around more. :doh:

Cool.

Paperwork for the BRS group order has been submitted.

Everyone on the list should receive an email which opens the group buy tomorrow.

If you don't receive it by the end of day tomorrow, shoot me a PM and I'll contact BRS.

Thanks to everyone that signed up.