My fish is SOOOO stupid,...

Derry

So here's mine: I have two beautiful onyx clowns that I bought a couple of years ago. They were too small to eat pellets when I got them, they were so small. They've grown up into a gorgeous pair that, despite my best efforts, have NO idea what that anemone on the other side of the tank is for. My green BTA has reached sizes of 10-12" inches across before splitting, and I now have not one, but TWO excellent anemones in my tank after the last split. The dumb clowns have never gone anywhere near them. I've tried taping pictures of hosting clowns to the sides of the tank. I've even tried playing YouTube videos of nesting clowns on the laptop sitting in front of the tank. No luck. However, I've read others' stories of teaching their clowns by introducing a new clownfish to the system that does know how to host. Theoretically, by chasing the new guy out of the anemone, the veterans finally figure out what that pretty wavy thingy is for. Last week, I caved and bought a little orange ocellaris from RCA who was hosting in one of their BTAs. The little fellow is maybe half the size of my smaller onyx. I figure, worst case, I net the little guy from whatever corner of the tank he's been banished to and return him to RCA. Best case, because he's the smallest of the three, he gets adopted into the family after teaching the onyx the anemone what-for, and I have a trio of ocellaris instead of a pair. Nope - the two onyx haven't even noticed the existence of the new guy, as far as I can tell, despite the orange clown swimming about in the open water during feeding time.

Stupid clowns...

I keep muttering "stupid chromis" outloud. Despite my best efforts I can't catch the sole fish left in my tank for QT purposes. He's too fast, hides too quick. The funny part is, he's making me feel stupid or I'm questioning just how dumb fish really are.

My clown has no idea about anemones either. I bought a much smaller one than her hoping she would pair up and she did but only wants to host a patch of caulerpa or hair algae. So no more anemones for me lol

My orange skunk clown ended up in the return chamber of my NC24 while I was overseas - we thought he was dead. About 3 days after I got back, I found him there, while I was chasing him with the net he jumped into the main tank. Dumb clown...

A couple days later he jumped back into the return. At least this time I found him right away, but it took about 20 minutes and the removal of everything from the back of the tank (skimmer, heater, float switches - real pain in the rear) to catch him.

He hasn't jumped back there since...