stock return pump

ludakris

i have a 29g biocube that ive had for a few years now..the return pump seems to b locking up when i do water changes. im looking to get a new pump. anyone have any ideas as to what size to get. maybe a little more flow would b good. im planning on making a trip to sum LFS in austin this weekend and am planning to pick one up to stop the hassle of it stopping up. ive taken it out and cleaned it. nothing seems to b obstructing it from working although there is a white film on it that seems hard. kinda like chlorine or something so i wanna get rid of it. im open to any suggestions..thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Replacing the stock pump is a pretty common upgrade for BioCubes. A lot of people seem to like the higher flow.

I recently replaced the return pump on my BC14 with a maxi600. It's got a higher flow rate and seems to circulate water into area's that were previously somewhat stagnant, without totally blowing things out. So in my case it was a beneficial upgrade.