Mean Fish and I cant catch him

trozacky

When I bought a backup tank it came with some fish. There one large Domino Damsel thats bulling other fish. I want him gone. How do I cant him with out tanking out my LR. Ive tried and he just hides. I cant even get close. If anyone wants him come get him. Im about to try a hook and worm(jk).

Im about to try a hook and worm(jk).

I've heard many stories of people doing just that when traps fail ;) Probably not using a worm though, maybe shrimp or something :D

i think rca and tek will lend you fish traps. they work well from what i hear. i borrowed one from callahan, just havent used it yet. so i cant really give you any info on them. but what i hear is most people have to pull the rock to catch them.

Matt

http://riaquatics.co...e_fish_trap.htm

try something like this.

That DIY fish trap is awesome! I wonder if anyone has had success with it? It'll probably work on a damsel if it's not too big for the opening.

I have used that exact same trap to catch a purple basslet before in my old 24g. Not sure if it would work for a damsel, as they are generally taller, and would not fit through the standard soda top. But if you widen it, then it would be easier for said devil fish to get out.

I feel your pain, as I have two damsels in my tank I can't catch. One hides in a cave which is part of a huge rock. I have had bad thoughts about epoxing him in there....

Trap wont work devil damsel is large.

Sure it will. I have caught a couple of tangs in similar traps. If the fish is that big, use a 2-liter or 3-liter bottle instead. Cut the top off to widen the opening. Should work fine. I've caught about 5 different fish this way. Just attach some hose or twine to the bottle (I used zip ties) and keep a close eye on it. When the fish goes all the way in after the food, quickly pull the trap out. Works like a charm.