28g Nano Cube HQI complete

zcatzmeow

All good things must come to an end. It's time to be leaving the hobby and to discover something new :)

I will be parting with one deluxe, upgraded, mod'ed, nano cube set-up that will allow you to keep and grow just about anything that suits your fancy. Softies and hard corals are handled with ease. And with the right care you won't be dealing with the dull brownish colors. These things will light up. Florescent yellows, greens, deep blues, you name it.

This system is a couple years old, yes it has some scratches, and when the water is drained there will be cleaning to do. But it is a sweet set-up, worthy of any living room, just like where mine resides.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

$450/OBO

I really, really do not want to part it out, so it is being sold as a complete set-up.

Includes:

28 gallon, Nano Cube HQI, model MT-60-LED

Lighting: 150w metal halide, 14k blue spectrum I believe (replaced 01/2011)

2 18w Coral Life actinic compact fluorescents (replaced 01/2011)

4 LED moonlights

(ballast included of course)

Protein Skimmer: BioCube stock powered by Whisper 20 air pump

Pumps: all 3 upgraded to Maxi Jet 1200

Chiller: JBJ Artica Titanium Chiller, bought used, it's been in use the entire time I've owned the tank, I am assuming it works because my temperatures are fairly constant, but it's questionable

Fuge: CPR hang-on back refugium, used for macro algae on a reverse lighting system

Fuge lighting: Nova Extreme 24" 48w T5 high output

Controls: Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper 2, 8 channels, pH probe, temp monitor. This makes the whole thing happen. On/Off & runtime of actinics, On/Off & runtime of the MH, moonlights kept constant, fuge lighting is set to reverse and comes on only when all other lights are off, if water temp gets too high, system will shut off the MH and cool things down. Pump circulation pause option to allow for feeding and water changes, all customizable.

Stand: Matching stand with compartment for chiller, shelving for ballast and air pump. Reef Keeper multi-plug power strip mounted to back of the stand

Tank Photos

Edited by zcatzmeow

Well, I'm not sure how to edit my original post, :blink:. Based on some friendly 3rd party feedback after viewing my tank, asking price for the complete set-up has changed to $600. The tank is up and running, anyone seriously interested is welcome to come and take a look.

I may have some flexibility in pricing depending upon the situation. Basically I would love to see this tank go to someone who truly loves the hobby and wants a chance to have their own deluxe set-up to grow whatever they choose. Once set-up this tank is a no-brainer with routine maintenance. Austin Reef Club, MAAST, River City Aquatics, Aquatek, and all those I've met & traded with....everyone has been so good to me over the years. I don't want to piece this out to the highest bidder. I want to set someone up with an amazing little tank.

:)

Ive seen the tank and all the equipment, and its a great setup specially for someone down sizing or for a newbie its go everything you could want ready to go. no scratches no dings its perfect. if i wouldn't have already had a new build this thing would be in my living room. its a no brainier the chiller and the HQI upgrade top and tank are worth 600 alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive seen the tank and all the equipment, and its a great setup specially for someone down sizing or for a newbie its go everything you could want ready to go. no scratches no dings its perfect. if i wouldn't have already had a new build this thing would be in my living room. its a no brainier the chiller and the HQI upgrade top and tank are worth 600 alone.

TY! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Due to a busy summer and some really busy children on summer vacation, this sale is being modified.

$600 for the complete, complete system...livestock and all :)

I'm just too busy to part it out or even arrange times to sell individual livestock pieces. So my loss, will be your gain.

Album of tank photos: https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

Includes:

• 28 gallon, Nano Cube HQI, model MT-60-LED
  • Lighting hood: 150w metal halide (phoenix 14k blue, replaced 06/2011), 2 18w Coral Life actinic compact fluorescents (replaced 06/2011), 4 LED moonlights, (ballast included of course)
  • Protein Skimmer: BioCube skimmer powered by Whisper 20 air pump
  • Pumps: all 3 upgraded to Maxi Jet 1200
  • Chiller: JBJ Artica Titanium Chiller
  • Fuge: CPR hang on back refugium, used for macro algae on a reverse lighting system (contains chaeto)
  • Fuge lighting: Nova Extreme 24" 48w T5 high output
  • Controls: Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper 2, 8 channels, pH probe, temp monitor. This makes the whole thing happen. On/Off & runtime of actinics, On/Off & runtime of the MH, moonlights kept constant, fuge lighting is set to reverse and comes on only when all other lights are off, if water temp gets too high, system will shut off the MH and cool things down. Pump circulation pause option to allow for feeding and water changes, all customizable.
  • Stand: Matching stand with compartment for chiller, shelving for ballast and air pump. Reef Keeper multi-plug power strip mounted to back of the stand.

Livestock:

• 2 Gold Stripe Maroon clowns (1 small, 1 medium)
  • 1 green bubble tip anemone (purple foot), clowns are hosting in it
  • Yellow Fiji, bright yellow, fluffy and happy
  • Plate coral, green & yellow with purple mouth, growing like a beast with weekly brine feedings
  • 2 candy cane corals, kryptonite I think, 12-14 heads on each piece
  • 1 micromussa colony, 40+ heads, too many to count (this is possibly a very expensive piece)
  • 1 coco worm (red/white)
  • Liverock with every critter imaginable, tiny stars, brittle stars, clams, pods....and some zoas, palys, and the beginnings of my old Prism Favia showing signs of coming back
  • Misc snails, including some cowries I'm very fond of, emerald crabs

The bad...nuisance algae is present.

* I'm awaiting my charter membership renewal on MAAST to be approved. I'd love for this set-up to go to someone local before I list it on MAAST

• 1 month later...