Neptune Systems Apex Aquacontroller

ballistic.reefer

I've had my Apex for over a month now. I do like it a lot but I do have to admit that if you don't have a lot of stuff to plug into it, I dont know about the $500 tag. I hope to evenutally to have more accessories. For instance, I don't have ATO, float switches, wireless wave makers, lights for dusk dawn or moon lights . I will say though that if you have powerheads that can handle being turned on/off, the Apex can be a wavemaker switching them on and off alternating anywhere from 1 second to like 999 seconds (or 999 minutes, can't remeember). That was worth the price tag to me.

I also like the feeding cycle and turning pumps off during certain water or filter changes. Fun on a smartphone too if you want to check in on it or even turn off something when you wife/gf/roomie calls saying the tank is making wierd noises.

Many videos on YouTube about it but you'll never really know until you take the plunge. Take a look at your wires. What would you plug into something that can be controlled? What just stays on no matter what so doesn't need to be controlled or monitored? That may be your first step in figuring out if this is for you or not.

• Like 1

thanks for all the advice guys. yeah he just pmd me and we are talking it over now. im pretty sure i want one i mean i have a lot of things to plug in and i want to make the wires around my tank cleaner. if anyone else has one and has time for me to come by and check it out id love to see it in person.