Tank Nightmare

trozacky

Well we got home and about 1/4 of my 115 gallon tank water was on the floor. This is the one I bought yesterday. I guess I got screwed on craigslist. I bet im not the first to say that. Well what do I do now. It looks like the rear bottom seal went out. Is this fixable or did i just throw a crap load of money down the drain? Please help. First saltwater tank, first day!

Oh no that's terrible to hear.

I'd toss your LR in buckets with saltwater and some aeration (pumps or airstones) and see about getting the seal fixed (Try Fishy Business on burnet) or pick up another tank. If I remember right your tank was not drilled, right? So picking up another tank isn't too difficult, though it sucks you got scammed (or just unlucky?).

You may not be able to get ahold of Shane (Fishy Business) until Tuesday though with the holiday.

If you elect to get another tank locally at a LFS (Aquatek/RCA) I'm sure a member here might be willing to meet you there and flash their ARC badge for 10% off to help heal your wounds.

Oh man that sucks :( Sorry your start in the hobby has been a crappy one! Hopefully you are paying your dues now and it'll never happen again. Hope you are able to get it fixed.

The tank was drilled. Ive got the Aquarium Fish Life Support in the stand. If I can get it fixed that would be awesome. I really like the tank. Well when it was holding water I did. The worst part is now my wife gets her hardwood floors and Im buying. Please let me know if this thing can be resealed and it wont cost me a limb.

Ive got all the LR in buckets and rubber made tubs. Its all cleaned up but man its gonna smell. We were supposed to stay at the Lake tonight but the hotel messed up the reservation so we can home. I can only imagine what this would have looked like tomorrow.

make sure u have a bubble stone and pumps to keep the water circulated! very important!

Ive got all the LR in buckets and rubber made tubs. Its all cleaned up but man its gonna smell. We were supposed to stay at the Lake tonight but the hotel messed up the reservation so we can home. I can only imagine what this would have looked like tomorrow.

Thanks Guys I PM'd Shane. I sure I can get this thing repaired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call his shop, I doubt he checks PMs on here. 512.284.8090

+1 ^ Ya call his shop, he doesn't answer PMs on facebook.

Sorry to hear that. I have an extra air pump and powerhead if you need to borrow. If you get it fixed it will take a few days before you can put water in it.

I appreciate the offer. I have some of the LR in another 55 gallon tank I bought on Friday also. So ive got some LR in there and the other was already dead when I bought it.

Thanks for the contact info also. I really appreciate all the help guys. Id be lost without it. Thanks

No, he kinda talked me out of it. He said he fixed two others in the past month and said he just really didnt want to mess with it. Ive talked to another person who whould reseal it for $150. So im just testing the waters. There is someone off here who is coming bye to see if he wants to trade for his 58 gallon tank. Its a 30x30x15 rimless tank. Anyone have any input on this kind of tank for a rookie? Thanks

No, he kinda talked me out of it. He said he fixed two others in the past month and said he just really didnt want to mess with it. Ive talked to another person who whould reseal it for $150. So im just testing the waters. There is someone off here who is coming bye to see if he wants to trade for his 58 gallon tank. Its a 30x30x15 rimless tank. Anyone have any input on this kind of tank for a rookie? Thanks

Turning away business in this economy? What the heck is Shane thinking.

I asked him about that the other day, he said it took too long to work on the other two (which are an obsolete design) and didn't want to be tied to it if something went wrong with it as have each of the other ones prior to him getting them. They all unsealed the same way.