180 Gallon Complete Setup

finfriend

I've been on the fence about this for a while now but the time has come to take a break from this wonderful hobby and so I'm parting with my 180 gallon setup. This has been a labor of love and much work and fun went in to the cabinet building, rock sculptures and stocking the tank. We're very fond of these fish, most of which we've had for over 4 years and want them to go to only the best of homes! This is a very complete setup and includes about everything you'll need to create a beautiful live reef in your home.

I added up what I thought were cheap used prices on individual items and then knocked off over a thousand dollars because I really don't want to go to the trouble of parting out at this time. Asking $2400.

Brian

Hardware

180 gallon glass tank from Kingfish Aquariums - overall good condition with just a few minor scratches. It has a back center overflow and euro-bracing. Dimensions are 24x24x72

75 gallon sump - 3 sections

Custom, tall (40 inches) solid Oak Cabinet with raised panel doors and canopy

SWC Skimmer with Octopus Pump. This is a big skimmer that has been modified with an upgraded propeller

Croralife Turbo Twist UV sterlilizer (18 watt) with pump

Purely H2O Optima, Fully Automated Ro/Di 4 stage unit

Bulk Reef Supply Dual Stage, GFO and Carbon Reactor

Dual ATO w/ float and solenoid

Neptune Systems Aquacontroller 3, Expansion Socket, DC 8 (DC 8 needs repair).

Korallin C3002 Calcium Reactor. 5 gallon CO2 tank (full) and dual gauge regulator (recently serviced)

Eheim and Mag 9.5 return pumps

Tunze 6215 Wavebox with 6091 Controller and 2 magnet holders

3 Hydor Korallia circulation pumps

3 Sunlight Supply Lumenmax Elite reflectors. See this article by Sanjay Joshi - http://www.advanceda...m/2009/1/review

1 Sunlight Supply Dual 400 watt balast. 1 Single 400 watt balast

ARO Ballast and 3 tube VHO setup

American DJ Switch board

2 canopy cooling fans

2 coral frag magnet racks

2 Mag-Float magnet cleaners - large & medium

Cleaner Vac with tubing

2 plastic trash cans

Misc. Chemicals and Test Kits

Livestock

Regal Tang - gorgeous, show size

Salifin Tang - show size

Yellow Tang - Medium size

6 line wrasse

Sand Lawnmower Blenny

Mated pair of Hawk Fish!

Mated pair of black and white Clowns

2 Genicanthus Melanospilus reef safe angels (one started out as a male - now resembles the female)

1 Bellus reef safe angel female

1 Bartlet's Anthius

1 eyelash Blenny

1 Cleaner Wrasse

1 yellow Watchman Goby

4 medium green Chromis

2 Rose Anemones - Beautiful, large size directly from renowned aquarist John Coppanella. Home to the clowns

Several SPS - * these are not currently showing best color due to lazy reefkeeper (me) pearlberry, purple stag, stylophora, digitatas etc.

Tons of zoanthids - mostly Eye Of Rah

Assorted Mushrooms

Huge monitpora caps in green, orange and purple

Duncan colony - many heads

Candy Canes - many heads green kryptonite and blue

Brain - red with green center plus another multilobe red

Clam crocia

Tyree neon green toadstool - 2 large heads

Frogspawn - multiple heads

Blastomussa - neon and red lg and small head varieties

Acans

Cypahstrea - Meteor shower

Chalice's

Approx 200 lbs Premium Live Rock "structures/sculptures". These are attached to plexiglass platforms.

See this link on photobucket for pics on the rock work building project. http://s66.photobuck...January%202010/

post-732-0-30589700-1306353084_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-58170000-1306353095_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-66459800-1306353106_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-91173400-1306353118_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-61987500-1306353130_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-83051100-1306353141_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-31514000-1306353153_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-34061700-1306353164_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-76003600-1306353175_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-85548200-1306353186_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-51784400-1306356453_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-93344500-1306356522_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-97086100-1306356968_thumb.jpg

having seen this tank in person several times, I can attest that it is very beautiful and the pics really don't do it justice.

Given the super lovey golden retriever (not pictured), I can see why you'd want to get out of the hobby!! laugh.gif

Well, so far I've had offers for the tank, sump, Wavebox, Aquacontroller, calcium reactor, multiple SPS offers and an offer for all livestock and live rock! Whoohoo - thanks guys! I will definitely keep you all in mind if um... I change my mind and decide to part out. Ha! Or y'all could get together, come by, take it all and then divvy it up. FOR NOW, still hoping for a package deal. :D

having seen this tank in person several times, I can attest that it is very beautiful and the pics really don't do it justice.

Given the super lovey golden retriever (not pictured), I can see why you'd want to get out of the hobby!! laugh.gif

Thanks Mark but having gotten out of the hobby twice before I've come to realize it is obviously just a break when I do it, no matter what my intentions are. The problem is, each time I get back in - I go bigger! :wacko:

I am definitely still interested in the Tank, Sump and Wavebox/controller so if the buyer would like to contact me about a possible sale of those items, I am open to that discussion.

I've entered into an agreement to buy Brian's entire 180g set-up. I went to see it yesterday and it's truly amazing.

He mentioned that some of you are interested in certain items, but at this point, the only things I'm willing to sell are the tank/stand/canopy, which I'm selling for $650. I'm positive I can take them home, clean them up a bit and sell them for significantly more. The solid-oak, custom stand (40" tall) and canopy alone are worth more than that, and then you have a solid, Kingfish reef-ready brick tank on top of all that. As a matter of fact, this set-up is so nice, I debated long and hard yesterday about swapping my 135g for the 180g, even though my 135g has only been up and running about 6 months.

If you're interested in the tank/stand/canopy.....

I don't want Brian inconvenienced with requests to see the tank. I'm going there next Sunday afternoon (June 5th) to take all of the livestock/liverock (1st of two planned trips) and Brian has been gracious enough to allow those of you who are interested in buying the tank to stop by at that time. If you like/want it and have cash on-hand, it will be yours to take. I'll be there from about 1:00pm-3:00pm, so please stop by at that time.

Please respond here or PM me if you want to be put in line to buy the tank/stand/canopy, because if more than one person is interested, it will go in the order of who responded first. I'm giving 'Woods' the first shot at these since he showed interest first.

Thanks,

Pat

"Woods" is the proud, new owner of Brian's 180g set-up and I now have enough corals to start my own coral propagation business. :P

post-727-0-96512900-1307224775_thumb.jpg post-727-0-74285900-1307224788_thumb.jpg

....not counting the big colonies I already put in my display tank.

:yahoo: