My brine shrimp experiment was a success

KarenM

I did expect them to be larger, however. ^_^ They little guys hatched out just as the box said they would, I poured the little pill bottle into my tank, and WOW! my whole tank came alive! My sea apple woke up and stretched it's arms out the farthest so far, the anemone puffed up, the hermits appeared out of nowhere,even the scooter blenny was going crazy.

The only mistake I made was in not taking the lid off the little black box to see if there were more. I did put the pill bottle back in place, but there weren't as many the 2nd time. So I started another batch in a 2 liter bottle. THEN, my friend takes the lid off shrimp box and he discovered trillions more still in there. :doh:

So I've got plenty of brine shrimp "brewing". I put some Micro-vert in the bottle hoping those would grow a little in the next couple of days.

what did you use? like the name on package and where did you get it

Hi, Adrian. This is what I used: http://www.shop.com/op/sprod-0-p55817440-k...shrimpery-nover

I got it for about $3 at 50 percent off at Petland, plus I bought some extra "eggs" for when I run out. But after reading on the internet and such, you can use just about anything to hatch them in. This little box works out good because they swim up to the light in the little clear bottle and you can just dump it your tank (it says to use tap water, but I used tank water for the little bottle). That way the eggshells stay in the black box. Since the eggs are the same thing that is advertised as "seahorses" in the little kits for kids, I would imagine you could find them almost anywhere. It looks almost like a brown powder.