toadstool leather wont attach

dieselndixie

trying to get this toadstool leather to attach...nothing has worked. Tried rubberband...that looked like it worked, but over a week later, when i cut the band...it came right off.

i ordered it from swf.com and it came with a tiny rock...it has since grown over that rock.

suggestions?

rubberbands do work the best for toadstools. You only want to rubberband it lightly, so it holds. It will take longer than a week to attach. Superglue won't do you much good. I fragged a ton of these when I had a prop setup and banding them worked everytime. If you can use a flat piece of rock, it will attach faster, in my experience. HTH.

I was given a small frag of a toadstool, and rubberbanded it to a rock. I didn't think I'd banded it too tight, but the rubber band cut it in half. So then I had an even smaller frag.

What I ended up doing was putting it in a hole/low spot in a rock and making a "cage" for it with rubber bands to hold it in place. It was sitting in this little divot in the rock, not exactly a hole because I didn't want it to slip down in a deep hole. Then I took 3 or 4 rubber bands and just stretched them across the hole by hooking them over bumps on the rocks. When it swelled up and opened, it was touching the bands, but when it shrunk up at night, it didn't. I left it that way for at least 2 weeks and it finally attached. When it got big enough that it looked like the bands were putting pressure on it, I took them off one at a time. It's doing great now. HTH.

If it's too big to make a rubber band cage around it, maybe you can just find a hole the right size to stick the stalk down in so it doesn't float away.