Electrical question

Any 'lectricians about?

I'm trying to add two new circuits for the 'fish room'. Me and a friend, who used to install solar systems for his dads company in SA, ran the wires, installed the outlets, but ran into a problem in the breaker box/subpanel.

There is space for the two circuits but no clips on the bus bar for the breakers to attach to.

I had a real electrician out about a week ago, and he looked at everything and said 2 20A circuits would be good and that the subpanel would hold them, but he didn't pry off the cover of the subpanel to look. The problem was he wanted $800 to do the work. :o

Any thoughts?

I discovered that my box, a GE TLM612, can only support 12 poles which is what it has already.

So, I'm stuck and now need a new subpanel. Or a bigger one.

On the bright side, at least I didn't have to pay an electrician to run wire, install an outlet box, and then discover that there is no room in the subpanel. "Sorry, cant install your circuit in this box. That'll be $800 please. It's another $1000 for a new panel."