can you indentify some things for a newbie

MasonHoff

OK so the top picture. i was looking in the tank a night with a flashlight for my emrald crab to see what he was up to. and i saw this snail next to my zoafrag! what is it?

and the next two pictures same day before work i saw this on the glass? kinda looks like a slug or somin.

and another question i had a small black looking urchin slug. that had pointy spines running in one direction on it kinda like a porcupine! i have seen every once and a while to always near my zoas? what are theese things?

post-1870-0-74634600-1305652551_thumb.jppost-1870-0-16071600-1305652587_thumb.jppost-1870-0-81685200-1305652992_thumb.jp

If the first snail was on or attached to the zoa's then pluck it out and discard. I can't tell from the picture if it's a sundial snail or not, but if it is then he will eat and kill your zoa's!

and the black one looked kinda like a some sort of nudibranch. it looked like a porciupine more than a slug! but same size as others

The black one's an elephant snail and the other two look like stomatella snails.

this awnsred the snail qeustion.

http://www.thereefta...nail-84136.html

its not a sundial

sorry to put a diffrent forum on here guys

If the first snail was on or attached to the zoa's then pluck it out and discard. I can't tell from the picture if it's a sundial snail or not, but if it is then he will eat and kill your zoa's!

Edited by MasonHoff

"and another question i had a small black looking urchin slug. that had pointy spines running in one direction on it kinda like a porcupine! i have seen every once and a while to always near my zoas?"

Finally got a pic

It never hurts anything just after MH go off he comes out for a bit

post-1870-0-70657400-1306383442_thumb.jp

Edited by MasonHoff

is that a nudibranch?

"and another question i had a small black looking urchin slug. that had pointy spines running in one direction on it kinda like a porcupine! i have seen every once and a while to always near my zoas?"

Finally got a pic

It never hurts anything just after MH go off he comes out for a bit

It could be a nudibranch. If it is they are species specific predators and you'll only see it on your zoas. At that size it probably isn't doing much damage but it will probably grow pretty fast and start doing more noticable damage.