Proven Wireless Bridges To Work With Apex Controller

Bry

To those who have an Apex Controller and Wireless Network:

My Apex Aquacontroller was just ordered and of course I'd like to be able to get it on my network immediately. I already have a home wireless network. The wireless network module for the Apex is just silly overpriced so I'd like to know what some of you are using to connect.

There are a ton of Access Points/Bridges/Gaming Adapters and the reviews on them all of course range from "great" to "terrible" but none talk about the Apex connectivity. Of coure I'm looking for 100% uptime and good recovery from power failure. Speed would be good too as I might also connect a couple of other things.

FYI, my router is a Linksys 802.11g (WRT54G)

Thanks in advance.

:crab::crab::crab:

Fyi, the WXM is intended to control the Ecotech Vortech wirelessly, not to connect to a wireless access point. Apex only has wired capability.

My suggestion is to find a DD-WRT capable router and configure it as wireless client. For example, you can get this refurb unit for $32 (listed on slickdeals.net this past FRI):

Cisco Linksys E2000 Wireless N Dual Band (not simultaneous) 4-Port Gigabit Router DD-WRT/Tomato Compatible (refurbished) $32 flame.gif + Free Shippingat Digital Etc $32

Fyi, the WXM is intended to control the Ecotech Vortech wirelessly, not to connect to a wireless access point.

Doh! I knew that. I just wasn't thinking straight when I typed this.

I may look into the DD-WRT technique. Some of the access points are pretty cheap too, such as the Trendnet. We'll see.

Thanks

The Apple Air Ports work flawlessly with the Apex controllers. Not the least expensive, but the user interface is for mere mortals as compared to that Windows based PC stuff. Just FYI.

Thanks. They are a bit more pricey than my target range but if my being cheap doesn't pan out, I'll have this on my list. Do you have it set up to bridge your Apex to your wireless network from another router?

Archived