Frag Rack Problems?

Juiceman

I'm about to invest in starting alot of SPS, and I got some egg crate to make a frag rack for acclimation to my lighting.

First I tried using my Superglue to attatch the magnets to the egg crate, it didn't stick to the magnets.

Second I tried using Aquarium Silicon to attatch the magnets to the egg crate, it didn't stick to the magnets again.

They stick outside of the water, once I mount it in the aquarium, it falls off the magnets.

Am I missing something for it to stay glued to the magnets? are they too smooth?

How long are you letting the glue dry? Because of the smooth surface you have to use a LOT of glue and let them fully dry (20+ mins of you maintaining contact and pressure) outside the tank - at least that was my experience when I did this. I used Superglue Gel (green cap) rather than regular Superglue (red cap). I've never used silicone.

How long are you letting the glue dry? Because of the smooth surface you have to use a LOT of glue and let them fully dry (20+ mins of you maintaining contact and pressure) outside the tank - at least that was my experience when I did this. I used Superglue Gel (green cap) rather than regular Superglue (red cap). I've never used silicone.

I used the Gel Super Glue, and it dried for about 2 hours, I didn't put alot of pressure on it though.

Archived